receipt scribble

things found in my bag on busted up crinkled pieces of scratch paper and receipts

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

bit of Buddha.


Recently, I have found a very strong interest in the teachings of The Buddha.

I'd like to periodically share them with you.
"
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."


Be HERE. NOW.

Take a deep breath. Doesn't that feel good? Look around you at the colors exploding into your eyes to be eaten alive by your brain, and almost forgotten. The smells, the feeling of your clothes, the cool air on your skin. Even your fingertips beg for attention. While eating, really focus on the textures and the tastes and how great your belly feels as its filling up.

We are so fortunate. So blessed. To have these senses and be completely conscious of them.

Also, do not make to-do lists... the kind that you must finish before you can be happy. Be happy while you do them. Be happy with all of your small victories. Be relaxed. Be present.

1 comment:

  1. My mother-in-law was talking about this the other day. I love it. I need lists to remember, but it has definitly taken me a while to realize as long as it gets done it's okay...my happiness isn't dependent on me being finished with it today.

    ReplyDelete